If you’re a business owner, you know how important it is to keep your company records safe. Not only does this include your own files for employees, expenses, and more, but also any files you keep detailing information about your customers/clients.
The last thing you want is for your documents to get damaged by fire, flood, or excess humidity in the air.
What are Document Storage Supplies?
Document storage supplies are used to help protect your important documents. This usually includes boxes or crates designed to house all of your essential paper files. These crates and boxes are then stored within your building or at an off-site storage facility of your choosing.
Benefits of Proper Document Storage Supplies?
The main benefit of investing in the proper document storage supplies is that they help keep your important documents safe. If your paper files get damaged because they were not properly stored, the result can be hours of pesky work trying to recreate these files.
Also, if you lose important client files, they might get frustrated and seek to do business with one of your competitors.
What to Look for In Document Storage Supplies
- Size – the boxes you select to hold your documents should be the appropriate size. The last thing you need is to damage your files because you tried to squeeze them in boxes that were too small for them. Conventional document storage boxes will hold approximately 80-100 files per box.
- Strength – the document storage boxes you select should be durable enough to withstand stacking and minor impact associated with transport. It’s usually a good idea to opt for boxes made from double-walled cardboard with reinforced sides and lids.
- Cost – as a business owner, you’re always considering your budget. This should be no different when selecting boxes for storing your documents. Just remember, it’s always better to spend a little extra to make sure your documents will be protected than it is to skimp and pay the price later when your documents get damaged.
- Convenience (stackable) – most businesses will need dozens of boxes to store within their office or at an offsite storage facility. In order to save space, make sure your boxes are stackable.
- Labelled – if you have multiple boxes for your documents, it’s helpful to implement a labelling system. This will help you save time by quickly locating the files you’re looking for.
- Acid-free – acid-free boxes are better for the environment and less likely to cause damage to your documents.
Document Storage Supplies in Edmonton
If you’re looking for document storage supplies in Edmonton, Western Archives has you covered. We provide a number of document storage supplies specifically designed to help keep your important information safe. We also provide a range of storage solutions to help Edmonton business owners keep their records safe.
Please contact us today to learn more.