As technology continues to improve, more ways to increase productivity and efficiency are emerging every day.
One of which is workflow automation.
This post will take a look at exactly what workflow automation is and how it can help your business streamline its processes.
What is Workflow Automation?
Every business owner has their own horror story of how a simple forgotten task ended up creating a major problem for their business.
For example, maybe an employee forgot to reply to an email, causing your business to lose an important client. Or possibly, the appropriate forms and contracts were neglected, putting you at risk of legal action from a client.
These are the things that a workflow automation system helps to prevent.
According to Integrify, a leader in workflow solutions, workflow automation is the design, execution, and automation of processes based on workflow rules where human tasks, data, or files are routed between people or systems based on pre-defined business rules.
This helps to create fail proof systems that minimize the frequency of human error within the workplace.
What are the Benefits Of Workflow Automation?
Nearly every department of your business stands to benefit from incorporating an automated workflow:
- Human resources
Business management platform Blue Camroo states that there are 12 main benefits to automated workflows:
- Fewer redundancies – catch redundant activities that are wasting valuable time and man-hours.
- Improved accountability and transparency – automated workflows feature advanced tracking to monitor the progress of tasks and assignments.
- Improved strategies for internal communications – employees are provided with an effective way to communicate within the organization, encouraging productive time use and promoting collaboration.
- Enhanced customer communications – workflow automation delivers useful information about your clients, where you reach them, and what messages resonate with them.
- Strengthened prospect communications and marketing automation – increase touchpoints to ensure prospects remain engaged, resulting in more leads/sales.
- Improved billing with automated processes – automated billing ensures invoices will never be missed or forgotten.
- Easier collaborations – communication tools built into your automated workflow help promote team collaboration.
- Enhanced productivity – templates and forms are used to deal with repetitive documentation requirements.
- Enhanced strategic planning – automated systems help collect data on the people and projects you depend on to grow your bottom line.
- Reduced human error – systems are put in place to make sure repetitive tasks are not overlooked by your employees.
- Easier search processes – it’s easy to search previous materials within your database like invoices, proposals, and more.
- Smaller corporate carbon footprint – reduction in office paper used for internal communication, resulting in a smaller carbon footprint.
Western Archives – Providing Electronic Document Management Solutions in Edmonton
We offer several electronic document management options, including:
- Electronic repository
- Retention policy modules
- Workflow automation
Contact us today to learn how your business can get started with workflow automation to increase efficiency and improve your ROI.